Pageviews

Monday, April 15, 2013

The Four Agreements, Pt. 3

Sorry I have been kind of lack-luster with my blogging lately. As it turns out, I'm a college student and also have a part-time job, so my free time is ideally spent sleeping. (Though I have used my laptop keyboard as a pillow more times this week than I care to admit.) Nevertheless-- I'm back with the third agreement!

The Third Agreement: Don't Make Assumptions
Find the courage to ask questions and to express what you really want. Communicate with others as clearly as you can to avoid misunderstandings, sadness, and drama. With just this one agreement, you can completely transform your life.

I'm gonna be honest. This is probably the agreement that is the most difficult for me. And we've all done it some time or another. For instance, finishing people's sentences in an argument. Assuming that because they don't apologize, they don't care. It goes hand-in-hand with the second agreement of not taking things personally. The truth is, the world is full of so many distractions, situations, and events and everyone reacts to them in their own strange way. Some people can rant all day long, pouring out their feelings, while the mere thought of speaking up is enough to make another person's heart race. But that doesn't indicate that those two aren't thinking the same thing. You will never truly know what is going on in the head of someone else unless you simply ask. And there is no harm in doing that.

So next time you're upset at someone, take the time to really listen to what they have to say before you jump to conclusions and walk away! It could really save you a lot of unnecessary drama.




No comments:

Post a Comment