Pageviews

Saturday, June 1, 2013

Hope

First off, I want to mention that I'm super excited because my blog has reached over a thousand views! Thank you for keeping up with my posts, despite the sporadic frequency of my updates. I hope they are just as thought-provoking and uplifting for you to read as they are for me to write.

I'm gonna start off with a short little story of my twentieth birthday. This was right around the time when I had just started to pick myself up off the ground. I had finally allowed myself to realize that I was in full control of my own happiness, and had started doing day-to-day things to start uplifting my mood and relieving my stress. I had also just started to realize I wasn't alone in this. One of my best friends got me a mug as a gift, with the saying "just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly." I almost cried when I got it because it meant so much to me. Still to this day I'm not sure if she realized how much hope that gave me. Sure, it was just a mug, but the fact that she gave it to me, and how relavent it was to my life at the time, made me feel so grateful for my friends and my life in general.

It's a great quote that I think anyone and everyone should keep in mind. Don't ever lose hope because honestly, you never know what tomorrow will bring.


No comments:

Post a Comment